Catching Up

Chat about pretty much anything.
TikiShades

Catching Up

Post by TikiShades » Thu May 01, 2014 12:00 pm

What has everyone been up to since we last spoke? Five years can be enough to see some significant changes in our lives, even if we aren't always capable of recognizing them until a little self-observation.

For starters, I've come to understand my sexuality a lot better, and I feel open in exploring my newly-discovered bisexuality. My repulsion towards sex also has a name in "demisexuality," which is a term used to describe asexuals that can only begin to feel sexual attraction towards people with whom an intense emotional bond has been formed (some demisexuals go years into a relationship before sex comes to their mind on their own, if it ever does). If you've been into certain circles on the internet long enough, you might've come across the term before, or maybe you haven't. I'm not against discussing it, but perhaps discussing it in length should be kept to its own thread.

I've become something of a social activist; my depression (finally medicated woohoo~) really helped me sympathize with the plight of others, so I can't help but want to help encourage change in our society for the better. I haven't forgotten my roots, so I wouldn't dare try and push my opinions too strongly on here. This isn't the best place to set up a soapbox, so I can't imagine this affect how I treat any of you anymore than it did previously.

My writing has improved significantly! I've become both a skilled roleplayer and storyteller, and I plan on putting that to use here in the boards. Gone are the days where I write up shitty movie scripts. I'm going full-on fanfic mode for the Shades Gang. I've never actually written fanfiction, but I think the SG characters are something malleable enough that I can tinker with our interactions. Its not like we have an incredibly in-depth mythos that I'd be afraid of disrupting lol

Nothing else comes to mind, really. I'm more interested in what has been going on with you guys!

FireShades
Site Admin

Re: Catching Up

Post by FireShades » Thu May 01, 2014 2:11 pm

Not much. :P I'm now 22-years-old and I'm still getting used to playing the role of a young adult! For a long time I didn't even have a job because it seemed like such a drastic change in a life I'd been so used to. Now I've had one for over 8 months. It's nothing special, but I'm content with it for the time being. It gets me out of the house and makes me some money.

Other than that, I'm sad to say that my productivity in art has declined over the years, with a rise in spurts here and there. I'm looking at this rebirth as a time for me to experiment with animation and art as I used to do. I miss doing that. On the other creative side of things, I've dabbled in level design through Valve's Hammer. It was a semi-complicated program to learn but totally worth it. I haven't had time to mess with it again but I'd like to. If interested, you can check out my survival map I made for L4D2.

Oh and, I also made this thing a few weeks ago, which totally looks like CircleShades. 8-)

bananashades

Post by bananashades » Thu May 01, 2014 5:27 pm

I am 18 years old. And since 2007 I haven't really done anything too interesting.

milkshades

Post by milkshades » Thu May 01, 2014 7:13 pm

I'm 187 now. I live in the under sea gardens of the Atlantis Palace. I raise werewolves and honey badgers for the needy and I've never learned to love.

I mean I'm 27 now and still retarded.

I've been working a lot. I do 3D modeling for a place that designs airplane interiors.
I've also been playing a shit load of video games and learning a lot of bullshit in my free time.
I have also been passionate about social issues as well as of late. I don't do a shit load about it other than consume information and get mad about it internally, but I'm wanting to change that... potentially with animation as well. Future projects for me will probably hold stronger opinions than before.

anyway this revival came at a really good time. I'm wanting to get back into animation and it really helps to have a place of people like this to help support and encourage each other. Yeah that sounds gay but fuck you ok?

LavaLampShades

Post by LavaLampShades » Fri May 02, 2014 11:44 am

I'm 20 now and a lot has happened to me in the past few years. In 2011 i got my first job at Panera Bread in Austin, TX. It was cool for a while but only because i was finally making money. DO NOT EVER WORK FOR PANERA BREAD. I put my two weeks in 2 weeks ago and yesterday was my last day. Panera isn't all bad though, I met a beautiful and amazing girl there and we've been dating for over a year now so at least I got something good out of Panera. I am currently studying Computer Information Systems at Texas State University. I never was much of an artist but I did get certified in Flash CS4 back in highschool. I've been looking for an excuse to try CS6 and the SG revival is going to be that excuse.
-=LavaLampShades=-

PS4: MrJoe1213

circle shades

Post by circle shades » Sun May 04, 2014 5:11 pm

well, im 24 now, and i've been at my local job for 5 years now, its good, making savings, and stuff.
as for flash, i've been doing a few flash movies every now and then, but i was always too scared to submit one of my SG flashes.

but that will change.

i will submit all of them, and i will fill the portal with SG glory.
or stuff.

milkshades

Post by milkshades » Wed May 07, 2014 11:03 pm

Glad to see so many familiar names here

TikiShades

Post by TikiShades » Wed May 21, 2014 3:33 pm

milkshades wrote:Glad to see so many familiar names here
Yeah, I wasn't expecting to see so many people. Particularly not you, Milk. How is work? What got you into that?

milkshades

Post by milkshades » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:36 pm

TikiShades wrote:Yeah, I wasn't expecting to see so many people. Particularly not you, Milk. How is work? What got you into that?
work is good. got an 80 cent raise today so that's pretty cool
I got the job because my step-dad knew a dude and told them I was awesome with software and they were willing to train me further and it turned out super duper

lets hope more people show up too... seems a little quiet

LavaLampShades

Post by LavaLampShades » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:23 pm

this site is suuuuuuper quiet. we had like 48 hours of awesome "fuck yeah SG is back" then everybody kind of disappeared. what we need is a chatroom or a group of people on skype or something.
-=LavaLampShades=-

PS4: MrJoe1213